Review: Poly Sync 10 – Rich Audio on the Go
We’re going through a Working from Home (WFH) renaissance of late, and recently we’ve tested some extremely good Bluetooth wireless headphones for working remotely. Now it’s the turn of a dedicated speaker to help us hear and be heard more clearly in meetings.
Poly make very high-quality products for the corporate world. More recently, they have expanded into webcams and portable and personal USB speakers – releasing the Poly Sync 10 Personal USB Speaker.
The Poly Sync 10 is not that much larger than a purse, weighs considerably less at 280g, and is far more functional. With a 70cm long USB-A cord (and USB-C adapter), it is a shame that it’s not Bluetooth enabled, but that does compensate in other ways – such as zero latency for calls and high-fidelity sound.
Perfect for both voice and music, its two-microphone array reduces surrounding noise and echo. And with clear, understandable touch controls and LED indicators, expect foolproof conference calls on Windows or Mac platforms and with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet.
Simple touch controls give you fast access to volume control and audio mute functions, and the LED indicator makes the call status very clear to everyone in the room.
- Focuses on your voice—not the surrounding noise.
- Reliable, enterprise-grade hi-fi audio and power amplifier for calls and for music.
- Makes simultaneous conversations a breeze with full duplex audio.
- Stay in control with easy-to-use, touch-sensitive controls and clear LED indicators.
- Easy-to-spot call status, with a clear, bright status lightbar.
Dual microphone steerable array
Microphone pickup range:
– Up to 5 ft/1.5 m
Ideal for room sizes:
– Up to 10 ft x 10 ft/3 m x 3 m
Microphone frequency response:
– 100 Hz to 7.8 kHz
Full duplex audio
Noise and echo reduction
– 1 x 50 mm high-performance music speaker
Loudspeaker frequency response:
– 80 Hz to 20 kHz
Bass reflect with dual passive radiators
Dimensions & Weight
32.5 x 89.2 x 182 mm / 1.3 x 3.5 x 7.2 in
280 g / 9.9 oz
RRP: $199 from Amazon